Thursday, July 10, 2008

Fin

Well, we just finished with our Environmental Science class, and everyone else is at dinner. I didn't feel hungry (shocker!), so here I am. It's not like I can't get something later. It's only 6.48 (Sorry. I can't find the colon on this keyboard.), even though the sky is totally dark. And it's raining, which it's been doing everyday like clock work. Is that two words or one? Clockwork? I don't know. My body's telling me it's ten even though it's not, so I'm a little sleepy. Before I totally fall out, let me tell you about our day. We got there and painted. And painted. And painted. But, we're finally done. Since we don't really have anything to do tomorrow as far as work is concerned, Dr. Domin suggested that we ask Deemas, the pastor, if some of the kids could come so we could work with them. Thanks to our fellow student and translator, Stacy, we're going to do just that. It's going to be a celebracion. Sorry. Celebration. Since we've been here I've been going back and forth between English and Spanish. I'll think one and say the other sometimes. Anywho, that's what we'll be doing. Then Saturday, we're doing a canopy tour on a zip line. For those of you who don't know that means we'll be flying through the tops of the trees in the forest from platform to platform attatched only to a harness and the wire or whatever that connects the platforms. Now, normally, I like to keep my feet on solid ground, unless I'm in an airplane, which, strangely, I feel safer in. But, I'm going to try it. It's kinda like when I went rafting with the YHO, and Rabbi, and I said, "Black people don't raft!" I'll probably end up loving it and wanting to go again. Oh yeah. Did I mention that we'll be 60 feet in the air? I didn't? Well, now you know. So, my fears are not unfounded. Well, I think I'm gonna take a siesta. (Nap, Ma.) Before I go, since it looks like I'll be a regular on here, only guaranteed (did I spel...oh, who cares?) for the next day and a half, tell me what you want to hear about. Like, the sights, sounds, smells (of which there are plenty). Normally when I write it's about what I'm feeling, not what anybody else to hear. So, let me know. This might be your only chance to have me not tell you all about me, so I'd jump on it if I were you. lol Well, I'm going now. I'll ttyl. Shalom Aleichem

Melody

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Child of Mine,
You are one in a million. Yes, tell me about the scenery. I hear it's lush, tropical, etc. What about the fruit? Tell me about the people you've met. I'm sure you will love the celebracion as it gives you an opportunity to interact with children which I know you enjoy doing. Not too sure about you "zipping" through the trees, but Abba, thanks for keeping her safe! I commend you all for being a blessing, but isn't that what Yeshua taught? We are to be servants to others, and it's only our reasonable service. He was our example. No sermon here. Anyway, we'll continue to pray for you all.

Hugs n' kisses,

Shabbat Shalom

Love,
Mom

Unknown said...

don't 4get ur fears n rafting wern't TOTALLY unfounded... (the boat flipped) but it still turned out 4 the good... no matter what happens, no i'm praying 4 ya.

Mercer on Mission: Costa Rica said...

Well, the scenery at the hotel is absolutely amazing. Our room overlooks the pool, and there are a lot of flowers and beautiful plants everywhere. Other than that we really have´nt seen any other stuff ´cause we´re in the city. When we take the canopy tour tomorrow we should see more. The pineapple is so good here! I won´t want any when I get home because it won´t be the same. And their bananas are huge! I haven´t tasted any yet, but I´m sure I´ll have some at breakfast tomorrow. Anyway, someone else needs to use the computer, but I´ll blog tonight before I go to bed. Love ya!

Mello

Anonymous said...

Shalom Mel,
It sounds like you are really having fun! Being with the kids and ministering the Father's love to them is so precious and doesn't even seem like you are working,huh? I am sure your beautiful smile is lighting up the kid's eyes,as well as your tender heart that Yeshua has bought with HIS precious blood.
I love you girl, and have a wonderfully blessed Shabbat.Know I am praying for you,miss you!
blessings dear girl,
Lisa V.