Thursday, July 10, 2008

Mercer students make a difference

To all back home you should know that your sons, daughters, and mothers are doing a great job here in Costa Rica. They are incredibly hard workers and Dr. Hargrove and myself have nothing but the highest regard for each of them. I´m sure they´re all a little tired but they greet each day with great optimism and determination that they can make a difference in the world. And, they are! If we can ever get the pictures uploaded you´ll see just how much they´ve accomplished. We´re very proud of them. I know you are too! Please continue to keep them in your prayers.

PS: I love and miss you Joseph, Joshua, and Javan. Take good care of Mommy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dr. Domin,
I, for one am glad that my daughter was able to participate in this mission.

It's good for our young people to get out of their environment and themselves, and give of themselves to help others. By the same token, I'm sure they are being blessed by, and learning from those who they are helping.

Thanks to you, Dr. Hargrove, and Mercer for giving them this opportunity to serve.

Our prayers are with you.

Denise Malone

Anonymous said...

Dr. Domin,
I forgot to add. I'm somewhat techie, so let me know if there's anything I can do to help you get your pictures posted. I see where someone suggested the pix be e-mailed to someone here. Just let me know.

Denise Malone

Mercer on Mission: Costa Rica said...

Mrs. Malone,

Thank you for your kind words. I think the tech problem has more to do with the technology we´re working with; it´s a bit dated. All of the gadgets are students brought with them seem to be incompatible with the computers here at the hotel. We hope to have better luck when we get to San Jose. Keep your fingers crossed and the prayers coming. They are greatly appreciated.