Friday, July 11, 2008

First Week

So, I just got done looking at the pictures, and I´m amazed at how much work we did in one week. It was tedious, but we stuck with it, and we´re finally done. I know I´m not in any pics with the kids. I was actually scrubbing rust off of one of the gates near la cocina (the kitchen. Look at me, practicing my Espanol. Oo! There I go again!). I finally went in and took pics with my camera. I´ll see if Claire can get them off of it. If not, I´ll upload them the day after I get home, ´cause I know I´m going to want to rest. So, we´re gonna be doing the canopy tour tomorrow. I´m still a little nervous, but I guess I can do it. I´m going to be really homesick around noon my time, ´cause it´s gonna be Shabbat, and I´m not going to be there dancing or hearing Rabbi tell us we have Chaka Khan-itis, or doing liturgy, or going out to O´Charley´s with the YHO. I guess I´ll make it through. I´ll have to, unless I smuggle myself onto a plane home. Nah. That´s too many details to work out. I´d have to call a cab (I don´t wanna be no cab! I wanna be an ambulance! That´s for you, Daddy! lol), sneak out of my room, get to the airport, get a new ticket, go through customs and immigration, and get on the plane. Actually, that doesn´t sound as hard as I thought it would. I might be able to......oh what am I saying? Sheesh! You´d think I was actually planning this out to the last detail. Hmmm. Could be. Could be. Kidding! Anyway, where was I? Oh yes. We´re also attending services at the church Sunday morning. Then from there we hop on a plane to San Jose where we´ll be working at the Goodwill affiliate. That should be fun too. I heard that San Jose is absolutely beautiful. I can´t wait to see it. I´m not going to write as much tonight because I´m gonna go finish my journaling, but I´ll be sure to keep you posted for as long as I can. And again, I´ll see about getting my pics up here soon. Please pray that we can do it. Also, thanks to all the people at CBY that donated stuff and money. The kids loved it. Thanks for your prayers as well. Shabbat Shalom!

Mello

P.s. That thing about me not writing a lot pretty much flew out the window, ´cause I actually added some things to the middle of my blog. Never believe me when I say I´m not going to talk for long, ´cause it never happens. I end up........great. I´m doing it now. I´m going, I´m going! Bye!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hahahaha
CHAKA KHAN!?!? what about the joshua song?
& the benediction where every1 joined n?!?!... ah good times, good times. haha
now u have me expectin 2 c u 2moro... which i won't... or will i?
j/k i no i won't
i saw a pic of u n the nu braids..
nice.

Anonymous said...

Melody! We missed you! Keep doing good work, and see you soon!

-Mallory

Anonymous said...

Hello Darlin',
You really are working hard, to miss time with the children?...scrubbing rust off...??hmmm, let me see what I can find when you get home! JK! Anyway, we're glad to hear that you're being a blessing. It's always better to give than to receive. Yes, you were missed on Saturday, but you'll appreciate what you have more when you return. Anyway, love ya,
Ma